Prevention Practitioners Network
Download the PPN National Directory
Domestic Terrorism Stats
Domestic Terrorism Stats
hate crimes were reported to the FBI in 2020.
increase in hate crimes reported since 2014.
As the threat of the lone-actor attacks grows, we must build the capacity of local initiatives to prevent targeted violence and terrorism.
The McCain Institute had built a national network of interdisciplinary professionals dedicated to preventing targeted violence, terrorism, and their impacts within the United States. This network will both increase the efficacy of locally based prevention frameworks and programs and expand referrals to qualified programs throughout the country.
The McCain Institute has:
- Established a network of interdisciplinary professionals dedicated to addressing hate-based violence and conduct outreach across the mental and behavioral health sector to grow the network.
- Hosted intensive workshops that address common design challenges, such as how to navigate privacy and ethical obligations, how to manage litigation risks and secure insurance, and how to approach threat assessment and management.
- Developed a framework for program design that features existing resources, relevant considerations, and actionable recommendations for each design decision.
- Created an directory of mental and behavioral health clinicians willing to accept targeted violence and terrorism prevention referrals, as well as resources to build capacity in this field.
- Conducted trainings for local agencies, state agencies, and stakeholders seeking guidance on best evidence-informed practices reflected across the country.
This project was initially funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Center for Prevention Programs and Partnerships, opportunity number DHS-20-TTP-132-00-01.
PREVENTION & INTERVENTION PRACTICE GUIDES
Preventing Targeted Violence and Terrorism: A Guide for Practitioners
Interventions to Prevented Targeted Violence and Terrorism
Legal Considerations for Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention
The Targeted Violence Threat Landscape
Behavioral Assessment and Management
Referral Mechanisms: Read-Ahead for the Prevention Practitioners Network
Archives: Workshops & Symposia
Summer 2022: Protective Factors1:09:56
Eradicate Hate Summit Videos
2-7 What can Prison Programs Teach Us About Promising Techniques to Combat Violent Extremism1:27:06
4-11 Invent to Prevent+57:12
For questions about the Prevention Practitioners’ Network, or if you are interested in joining our mailing list and/or committees, please email [email protected].